Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD+) has garnered significant attention in the scientific and medical community for its role in various cellular processes, particularly those related to aging, metabolic health and brain health. This coenzyme, found in every cell of the body, is essential for energy production, DNA repair, and cellular communication.
The problem is, as we age NAD+ levels in our body decrease.
Watch this short clip where renowned longevity doctors Dr. Peter Sinclair and Dr. Andrew Huberman discuss why NAD+ is so important...
In summary there are many benefits of supplementing with pure NAD+ directly. These include:
1. Boosting Metabolic Efficiency: NAD+ plays a critical role in metabolic functions, aiding in the conversion of food into energy. Studies have suggested that enhancing NAD+ levels can improve metabolic efficiency, potentially aiding in the management of metabolic disorders .
2. Enhancing DNA Repair: One of the key roles of NAD+ is facilitating DNA repair. Adequate levels of this coenzyme are crucial for maintaining genomic stability and preventing age-related DNA damage .
3. Improving Cellular Communication: NAD+ is integral in cellular signaling pathways. Its role in these pathways is vital for maintaining cellular homeostasis and responding to stressors, which is crucial for healthy aging .
4. Potential in Age-Related Diseases: Increasing NAD+ levels have shown promise in the context of age-related degenerative diseases, suggesting a potential role in promoting healthy aging and longevity .
5. Supporting Brain Health: There's emerging evidence indicating that NAD+ may have neuroprotective effects, possibly aiding in the prevention or management of neurodegenerative disorders .
While the benefits of NAD+ are compelling, it's important to approach NAD+ supplementation and therapy with an understanding of its potential effects and limitations. Ongoing research is crucial to fully unravel the role of NAD+ in health and disease.
What's the most effective way to supplement with NAD+?
The bioavailability of NAD+ varies depending on the method of administration.
NAD+ Oral form: NAD+ in supplemental (oral) form has poor bioavailability, so researchers have turned to other formulations to test the range of applications of this molecule. Nicotinamide Mononucleotide (NMN) is a precursor to NAD+, meaning your body can convert NMN into NAD+ through a series of chemical transformations. Studies in mice have shown that oral NMN supplementation results in quick absorption into the bloodstream, within 2-3 minutes. However, you are not receiving pure NAD+ by taking oral forms of NMN.
NAD+ IV Infusions: One effective way to replenish NAD+ straight into our blood steam is by receiving IV therapy infusions. The problem with this treatment option is the high cost of administration (typically $400+), the inconvenience, the time required (usually several hours) and a particular amount of pain. Most people do not opt for this option.
NAD+ Injections: Another option is injecting pure NAD+ through subcutaneous or intramuscular injections using a need and syringe. This method results in high bioavailability and can be performed by yourself at home. It is also more cost-effective than IV infusions (roughly $15/injection). These injections are nearly painless, however some people do not prefer to deal with needles.
NAD+ Nasal Spray: NAD+ nasal sprays are administered through the nose and absorbed through the mucous membrane, which allows for a lower concentration of NAD+ to be delivered to the body over a longer period of time. Liposomal delivery, often used in nasal sprays, offers a targeted and complete absorption of active ingredients with a delayed-release effect, unlike all other nutrient delivery methods. This increased circulation time of key nutrients in the bloodstream significantly improves bioavailability.
XCell Health offers prescription grade NAD+ Nasal Spray at an affordable cost. Harnessing the science of NAD+, XCell Health's nasal spray doesn't just promote well-being but also targets the roots of health issues by supporting cellular health from within.
Each 15mL nasal spray bottle contains 30mg/0.1mL of prescription grade Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD+) shipped from an FDA-accredited pharmacy based in the US. Plus, every purchase includes a virtual consult with XCell Health's US based medical doctors who will determine if a prescription is right for you.